Lineworker’s Safety Rodeo
September 21, 2023
Line School Yard | Lincoln Land Community College
Line personnel from cooperatives and Illinois municipal utilities are being invited to participate in the “Safety Rodeo” as part of a team, in the apprentice category and/or as an individual. The emphasis will be on safety, time is a tie-breaker.
Registration Deadline: September 8, 2023
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
- The ‘LSR’ officially begins at 9:00 a.m.
- Designated parking area on the campus for ‘LSR’ participants and spectators
- Events will continue throughout the day
- Coffee and donuts will be available in the morning and lunch will be provided for all participants. Iced tea, lemonade and water will be available throughout the day.
- Awards will be presented to the top finalists at the Safety Awards Banquet beginning at 6:00 PM at Route 66 Motorheads.
- New!! T-Shirt trade night will be at Motorheads during the banquet.
The registration fee is $100/person wishing to compete. Each participant will receive a long-sleeved T-shirt and entrance to the awards ceremony that evening at Route 66 Motorheads.
Guests are free to attend the competition and awards banquet but we ask that each person register so we can plan accordingly.
Rodeo t-shirts and hats will be available for purchase at the event.
- Hurt Man Rescue
- 40’ Climb
- Cutout Change
- Hurt Man Rescue
- 40’ Climb
- 40’ Climb Head-to-Head Challenge
A team consists of two linemen and one ground support person or three linemen. If a man is hurt, he is out of the competition for the rest of the events. The team can then substitute an alternate man for the one hurt. Only two climbers per team will participate in climbing events. The third member, if he is a lineman, may be a climber for an event.
What you need:
Participants will need to bring their own hooks, belt, hard hat, safety glasses, leather gloves, hand tools, and hand lines. Please make sure that the tools are clearly marked by name for identification.
Please be advised:
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation and other expenses during the ‘LSR’
- Competitors will be required to sign a liability release and hold harmless agreement before participating releasing the AIEC and its sponsors from any liability should an injury occur.
- All Rodeo competitors are automatically registered to attend the Awards banquet.
- The AIEC will reserve rooms for LSR judges.
LSR Competition Location (September 21):
Lincoln Land Community College
5250 Shepherd Road
Springfield, IL 62794
Line School Yard (SE Corner of Campus)
LSR Awards Banquet and Trade Night Location (September 21):
Route 66 Motorheads Bar and Grill
600 Toronto Rd
Springfield, IL 62711
Hampton Inn & Suites
2300 Chuckwagon Dr.
Springfield, Illinois 62711
Room Rate: $99+ tax
Includes complimentary hot breakfast.
Check-in at 3:00 PM/Check-out at 12:00 PM
Rooming Block Cutoff Date: 09/01/23
217-793-7670 | Reference Group: AIEC
Event Cancellation Policy:
Cancellations made prior to the registration deadline will not be charged. Cancellations made after the registration deadline, but within 48 hours of the event will be charged at 50%. Cancellations thereafter/no shows will be charged the full registration amount. Substitutions are allowed.
This event will be held rain or shine.