MJM is searching for a new Chief Executive Officer. See full details and a link to apply:
Chief Executive Officer
MJM Electric Cooperative located in Carlinville, Illinois
Job Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: September 1, 2021
Since 1939, MJM Electric Cooperative has been serving more than 7,800 members in portions of Jersey, Macoupin, Montgomery, Bond, Fayette, Greene and Madison counties. MJM Electric Cooperative employs 32 dedicated team members and has annual revenues of $20 million. MJM Electric Cooperative is a member of Wabash Valley Power Alliance and the Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives.
MJM Electric Cooperative is located in Carlinville, Illinois. Historic Carlinville, Illinois is rich in history and as a community has preserved its beauty, making it one of the best small communities in America. Carlinville is warm and welcoming. The community of Carlinville is centered on its picturesque town square, home to historic buildings, quaint shops, and restaurants. The city is also the seat of Macoupin County and is home to the majestic Macoupin County Courthouse, one of the largest in the state.
Carlinville offers small-town Americana at its best. Carlinville is home to Blackburn College and is in the Lewis and Clark Community College district, which has a Community Education Center in Carlinville. A walk along shaded trees will introduce you to neighborhoods of Victorian mansions, stately brick Federals, brick streets around the Square, parks, historical buildings, and unique to the American dream of home ownership. Located 1.5 hours from St. Louis and an hour from the Illinois state capital, Springfield, Carlinville is at the heart of regional metropolitan action. Courtesy of Carlinville Chamber of Commerce.
MJM Electric Cooperative is a member of Touchstone Energy, an alliance of more than 720 electric cooperatives across the nation, meeting service excellence standards. Touchstone Energy cooperatives pledge to operate with integrity, accountability, innovation, and a commitment to community.
MJM Electric Cooperative is An Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an excellent NRECA retirement plan, competitive benefit programs and a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications. MJM Electric Cooperative has a new headquarters facility that was just moved into eleven months ago.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded leader who will focus on developing and executing the business strategy of the cooperative while focused on the best interests of the members of MJM Electric Cooperative. This position requires a person of high integrity with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of leadership. The CEO is responsible for ensuring the cooperative delivers high quality service to all stakeholders and serves as a community leader to position the cooperative to be an integral part of the community.
The CEO will be responsible for providing the following:
* Consistently behaves and presents themself in a professional and ethical manner consistent with the seven cooperative principles and organizational standards. Offers a near flawless core ethical foundation. Regarded and recognized as a professional selfless leader who faithfully seeks to do what’s right for people first.
* Conveys a deep commitment to serving employees, the board, and external members. This includes listening, building confidence, increasing satisfaction, and responding to needs.
LEADERSHIP AND VISION
* Is a credible leader demonstrating a strong professional presence while conveying trust, rapport, and connection with teams while leading the organization.
* Has been a member of a management team with leadership experience that can naturally adapt to a versatile role. He or she is also equally adept at building a strategic platform for company and member growth opportunities as well as actively and thoughtfully managing and mitigating risk appropriately.
* Communicates expectations, goals, and vision in a way that provides clarity and excites interest.
* Demonstrates a commitment to employee growth and development, mentors employees and ensures all employees within the cooperative function at a high level.
* Promotes and generates cooperation between the board of directors and staff to achieve collective outcomes.
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
* With exceptional communications skills, he or she is an effective communicator with high interpersonal, relationship-building skills who can partner effectively with the Board, members of the cooperative, and all other 3rd parties.
* Is a highly innovative, hands-on leader who thinks like an owner of the business. Has an unending passion and quite effectively employs fact-based decision-making process supportable by data and sound decision methodology.
* Will facilitate and build meaningful relationships with regulatory and legislative parties.
* Is well versed in business acumen and is comfortable with financial metrics and has a detailed understanding of the key financial opportunities as well as financial risk strategies.
* Upholds the safety standards of the cooperative. Proactively identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
* Candidates should have at least 5 year’s significant experience in the electric utility management, preferably within the rural electric program. At least a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or equivalent is preferred. The Board seeks candidates with broad utility management experience including such areas as strategic planning, finance, operations, member communications and board relations. The successful candidate will have excellent people and communications skills, proven leadership ability and a strong commitment to teamwork.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more.