At present we have 15 – 4 man crews from Illinois electric cooperatives responding to two co-ops in North Carolina to help restore power after Hurricane Michael’s landfall. They most likely will begin travel today (Wednesday, 10/10/18) so they can report to the cooperatives tomorrow.
The following are sending one (1) 4-man crew to South River EMC in Dunn, NC:
- Adams Electric Cooperative
- Clay Electric Co-operative, Inc.
- Egyptian Electric Cooperative Association
- EnerStar Electric Cooperative
- Jo-Carroll Energy, Inc. (NFP)
- Menard Electric Cooperative
- Norris Electric Cooperative
- Prairie Power, Inc
- Rural Electric Convenience Cooperative
- Wayne-White Counties Electrical Coop.
The following are sending one (1) 4 man crew to Lumbee River EMC in Red Springs, NC:
- Corn Belt Energy Corporation (2 crews)
- Illinois Electric Cooperative
- Southern Illinois Electric Cooperative
- Tri-County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
NRECA is tracking the co-op response to Hurricane Michael at https://www.electric.coop/co-ops-southeast-brace-hurricane-michael/