You will not be able to stop the application process and complete it at a later date. Your application must be completed in one sitting.
You must have the following required information ready:
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- Name of Parent or Guardian
- Electric Cooperative
- Name of High School Attended
- High School Grade Point Average
- Your parent’s or guardian’s legal consent to apply
- Brief Biographical Statement – (approximately 250 words or less) that includes your educational goals, financial need and other pertinent information about yourself that you feel is important. Please do not make any reference to name, county or home location.
- 500 Word Essay – an essay of 500 words or less in your own words. The essay should be on one of the following topics:
- Explain the difference between an electric cooperative and an investor-owned utility, and share what would be some advantages to the cooperative business model.
- With each new census, rural representation in Congress and state legislation decreases. In light of this, how can rural residents ensure that their collective rural “voice” is heard?
- What role does, or should, renewable energy, natural gas, coal, and nuclear energy play in meeting present and future energy needs?
- What can Illinois electric cooperatives do to expand economic development opportunities in rural Illinois?
Other information you will be able to provide:
- Work and Volunteer Experience – List positions held, for what time period, and whether volunteer or for pay. Please do not make any reference to name, county, or home location. (Example: “Volunteer at National Honor Society Events, 1 year, Volunteer”)
- Participation in School and Community Activities – List activities (both school and non-school) in which you have participated, along with years of membership or participation and offices held. Please do not make any reference to name, county, or home location. (Example: “High School Soccer, 2 years, Team Captain”)
You are encouraged to prepare your essay and brief biographical statement in advance, using a word processing program such as Microsoft Word, so that you may proofread your work. You may cut and paste your work into the application.