Trenching/Shoring Competent Person Class
- Day 1
May 8, 2019
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
TRENCHING/SHORING COMPETENT PERSON CLASS
May 8, 2019
Chuck West Hot Line School Grounds | Lincoln Land Community College | Springfield, IL
Registration deadline: April 30, 2019
NOTICE: This course going forward will be part of the URD School which is required for IREAP participants (we will no longer offer the Advanced URD school where this normally took place). If you have a 3rd or 4th year apprentice who has previously attended URD in the past, they need to attend this class as part of their IREAP requirements.
OSHA’S Excavation Standard requires a competent person to inspect the excavations, adjacent areas and protective systems for “evidence of a situation that could result in possible cave-ins, indications of failure of protective systems, hazardous atmospheres, or other hazardous conditions prior to the start of work and as needed throughout the shift”.
The seminar will cover:
- OSHA’S requirements for excavations
- The necessary pre-work requirements such as:
- Notifying the utility company
- Testing the soil
- Selecting the appropriate protective system
- Appropriate personal protective equipment for trenching and shoring
- The correct way to install and remove protective equipment
- How to get in and out of the trench
- Excavation jobsite hazards such as:
- Spoil piles
- Other surface hazards
- Falling loads
- Water problems
- Emergencies such as hazardous air and emergency rescues
- Trench inspection requirements
Participants should bring:
- Hard hat
- Work boots
- Safety glasses
For information on cost contact Mary Zitek @ email@example.com.
- Participants are responsible for their own meals.
Baymont Inn & Suites
5871 S 6th Street Frontage Rd E
Springfield, IL 62703
$67.49 + tax
Cutoff Date: May 1, 2019
Cancellations made prior to the registration deadline will not be charged. Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the event will be charged 50%. Cancellations thereafter/no shows will be charged full price for the school. Substitutions are allowed.
Venue Phone: (217) 786-2200Address: