NRECA SMDP 715
|In-Person Attendee Registrationshow details +||$0.00 (USD)||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: November 3, 2020 11:28 am
Sales End: October 22, 2021 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- November 3, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Building Your Co-op’s Culture: The Supervisor’s Role
DATE: Wednesday, November 3, 2021
LOCATION: AIEC Board Room
INSTRUCTOR: Mike Marsch
CLASS HOURS: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 19, 2021
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast,” is a famous quote by the late business management guru Peter Drucker. All great organizations have great cultures, and great cultures are designed intentionally, not left to chance. Organizational culture is defined as a system of shared assumptions, values and beliefs which governs how people behave in organizations. This course addresses the steps supervisors can take to help build a culture where employees trust each other, hold themselves (and others) accountable, focus their efforts on the co-op’s goals and strive to continuously improve their processes. This course is part of NRECA’s Supervisor and Manager Development Program (SMDP).
- Explain the tremendous impact culture has on organizational effectiveness.
- Describe your co-op’s culture and the purpose and values that the culture supports.
- Recognize the responsibility that supervisors have in supporting a positive culture.
- Adjust your leadership techniques to better align your team members with your co-op’s purpose and values.
- Anticipate changing member needs at your co-op and discuss how your co-op’s and your team’s cultures can help meet these needs.
- What is organizational culture?
- How to see culture
- Benefits of a strong, positive culture
- Impact of a negative culture on the four mission-critical areas (safety, member service, reliability and cost control)
- What drives culture – purpose and values
- Case studies of co-ops living their purpose
- Cultural challenge faced by U.S. organizations
- Supervisors’ responsibilities in supporting culture
- Quinn model of organizational culture types
- Changing member needs and your co-op’s culture
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is intended for co-op staff with leadership responsibilities ranging from key contributors considering a supervisory role, to new and experienced supervisors and mid-level managers. Regardless of where you are in your co-op’s supervisor and manager hierarchy, this program offers a learning plan just for you.
One (1) credit will be awarded upon the successful completion of this course and the learning assessment. Credit for this course may be applied toward NRECA’s SMDP Certificate.
Please use the AIEC hotel rate sheet to make reservations at the hotel of your liking. It includes several hotels nearby that offer AIEC special rates. View AIEC Hotel Rates
Lunch and break refreshments will be served.
Please note this course is part of the 2021/2022 IEC Continuing Education Program. Twenty-six co-ops participate in the IEC Continuing Education Program. In-person attendees will be charged $25 per person for snacks and meals.
Cancellations made prior to the registration deadline will not be charged. Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the event will be charged ½ of the determined attendee cost for attending. Cancellations within 48 hours of the course or a “No Show,” will be charged the full amount. Substitutions are allowed.
Venue: AIEC Headquarters
Venue Phone: (217) 529-5561Address: