NRECA CCD 2620
|Online Attendee Registrationshow details +||$0.00 (USD)||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: September 10, 2019 10:00 am
Sales End: November 15, 2021 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
November 30, 2021
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Board Operations & Process
DATE: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
LOCATION: Online Only (Zoom)
INSTRUCTOR: Bryan Singletary
CLASS HOURS: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: November 15, 2021
The board of directors is responsible for managing the affairs of the corporation. In fulfilling its duties, the board typically can only take official action via majority vote in a duly convened meeting. This course focuses on the legal requirements for holding board meetings and also on the human factors and group processes that make such meetings productive and effective. This course is part of NRECA’s Credentialed Cooperative Director Certificate (CCD) program.
- Identifying the individuals and groups with whom the board must maintain effective working relationships
- Understanding, working with, and responding to members
- How public officials and opinion leaders impact the cooperative and the board’s role in building and maintaining effective relationships
- Lessons and guidelines regarding key internal relationships: with the board chair, with the attorney, and within the cooperative.
One (1) credit will be awarded upon the successful completion of this course and the learning assessment. Credit for this course may be applied toward NRECA’s CCD Certificate.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Directors of cooperative boards and CEO’s who serve on G&T boards.
ONLINE ATTENDEE INFORMATION
- Zoom will be used for remote attendees.
- A participant guide and login information will be emailed to you a few days before the course begins.
- Please contact your co-op if you would like a printed copy of the guide.
- PLEASE LOG IN TO THE COURSE 15 MINUTES EARLY so that we can establish audio connections and be sure everyone is connected and comfortable.
- Please only connect with one device (laptop, or phone, or iPad).
- Online attendees need to have their camera on, if possible.
Please note this course is part of the 2021/2022 IEC Continuing Education Program. Twenty-six co-ops participate in the IEC Continuing Education Program.
Cancellations made prior to the registration deadline will not be charged. Cancellations made after the registration deadline and more than 48 hours prior to the event will be charged $15. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the course or if there is a “No Show,” will be charged $25. Substitutions are allowed.