- Director Duties & Liabilities
January 15, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Director Duties & Liabilities
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Location: AIEC Headquarters | 6460 S. Sixth Frontage Road | Springfield, IL
Instructor: Pat Mangan
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Class Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: January 4, 2019
Boards are responsible for directing the affairs of the corporation. This course discusses and explains the duties of loyalty, obedience, and due care, and the need for directors to acquire the minimum knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill their responsibilities within the cooperative context.
- An overview of today’s multi-billion-dollar electric utility business
- The concepts and values that govern cooperatively owned businesses and related types of organizations
- Legal and regulatory concepts affecting public utilities
- Key legal documents such as articles of incorporation and bylaws
- The role of management and guidelines for maintaining an effective relationship with the CEO
Who Should Attend?
Directors of cooperative boards and CEOs who serve on G & T boards.
Lunch and break refreshments will be served.
One (1) credit will be awarded upon the successful completion of this course and the learning assessment. Credit for this course may be applied toward NRECA’s CCD Certificate.
Cancellations made prior to the registration deadline will not be charged. Cancellations made after the registration deadline and more than 48 hours prior to the event will be charged $15. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the course or if there is a “No Show,” will be charged $25. Substitutions are allowed.
The Baymont Inn 217/529-6655 The Comfort Inn & Suites 217/529-8898
5871 S. Sixth Street
Cutoff date 1-7-19
$67.49 plus tax
3675 S 6th St
Springfield, IL 62703
Cutoff date 12-31-18
$75.00 plus tax
The Baymont Inn
The Comfort Inn & Suites
Venue: AIEC Headquarters
Venue Phone: (217) 529-5561Address: