NRECA CCD 2600
|On-line Attendee Registrationshow details +||$0.00 (USD)||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: November 3, 2020 11:28 am
Sales End: November 24, 2020 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- Director Duties & Liabilities
December 8, 2020
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Director Duties & Liabilities
Only 30 Seats Available
DATE: Tuesday, December 8, 2020
LOCATION: Online – Webex
INSTRUCTOR: Adam Schwartz
CLASS HOURS: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: November 24, 2020
Boards are responsible for directing the affairs of the corporation. This course discusses and explains the duties of loyalty, obedience, and due care, and the need for directors to acquire the minimum knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill their responsibilities within the cooperative context. This course is part of the NRECA Credentialed Cooperative Director (CCD) program.
- An overview of today’s multi-billion-dollar electric utility business
- The concepts and values that govern cooperatively owned businesses and related types of organizations
- Legal and regulatory concepts affecting public utilities
- Key legal documents such as articles of incorporation and bylaws
- The role of management and guidelines for maintaining an effective relationship with the CEO
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Directors of cooperative boards and CEOs who serve on G&T boards.
One (1) credit will be awarded upon the successful completion of this course and the learning assessment. Credit for this course may be applied toward NRECA’s CCD Certificate.
ONLINE ATTENDEE INFORMATION
- A participant guide and login information will be emailed to you a few days before the course begins.
- Please contact your co-op if you would like a printed copy of the guide.
- PLEASE LOG IN TO THE COURSE 15 MINUTES EARLY so that we can establish audio connections and be sure everyone is connected and comfortable.
- Please only connect with one device (laptop, or phone, or iPad).
- Online attendees need to have their camera on, if possible.
We’ll be using a tool some of you are familiar with called WebEx – a virtual meeting/training tool.
If you have never used WebEx before, you will need to download the software on the computer you plan to use in the class by CLICKING HERE. Also, you may want to take a moment to review this short instructional video that explains some WebEx basics.
You will need the following equipment to successfully participate in the course:
- PC or desktop computer with camera (iPad screens may be too small)
- Broadband internet connection
- Telephone (either smart phone or land line)
Cancellations made prior to the registration deadline will not be charged. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the course or if there is a “No Show,” will be charged $25. Due to the limited class size and waitlist registration substitutions are not allowed.