NRECA BLC 914
|On-line Attendee Registrationshow details +||$0.00 (USD)||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: November 3, 2020 11:28 am
Sales End: November 26, 2020 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- Cooperative Communications & Public Opinion
December 10, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Cooperative Communications and Public Opinion: The Director’s Perspective
Only 30 Seats Available
DATE: Thursday, December 10, 2020
LOCATION: Online – Webex
INSTRUCTOR: Molly McPherson
CLASS HOURS: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: November 26, 2020
Given the challenges of the evolving energy landscape, effective communications from the cooperative is an area of increasing importance. Whether it is communicating future rate increases or advertising our cooperative’s participation in renewable energy programs, strong communications programs can strengthen your identity with member-consumers and build loyalty. This course is part of NRECA’s Board Leadership Certificate (BLC) program.
- The difference between the communication roles and responsibilities of directors and those of cooperative staff
- The purpose of a communications policy
- The value of a message
- How a cooperative can manage messages and public perception
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Directors of cooperative boards and CEOs who serve on G&T boards.
One (1) credit will be awarded upon the successful completion of this course and the learning assessment. Credit for this course may be applied toward NRECA’s BLC Certificate.
ONLINE ATTENDEE INFORMATION
- A participant guide and login information will be emailed to you a few days before the course begins.
- Please contact your co-op if you would like a printed copy of the guide.
- PLEASE LOG IN TO THE COURSE 15 MINUTES EARLY so that we can establish audio connections and be sure everyone is connected and comfortable.
- Please only connect with one device (laptop, or phone, or iPad).
- Online attendees need to have their camera on, if possible.
We’ll be using a tool some of you are familiar with called WebEx – a virtual meeting/training tool.
If you have never used WebEx before, you will need to download the software on the computer you plan to use in the class by CLICKING HERE. Also, you may want to take a moment to review this short instructional video that explains some WebEx basics.
You will need the following equipment to successfully participate in the course:
- PC or desktop computer with camera (iPad screens may be too small)
- Broadband internet connection
- Telephone (either smart phone or land line)
Cancellations made prior to the registration deadline will not be charged. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the course or if there is a “No Show,” will be charged $25. Due to the limited class size and waitlist registration substitutions are not allowed.