2022 AIEC Annual Meeting
We would like to invite you to attend our 81st Annual Meeting, being held July 28-29, 2022, at the Crowne Plaza in Springfield.
Our sessions this year will include discussion on the changing electric landscape, EVs, leadership, safety, and economic development. Future generations will be affected by our involvement in ACRE, youth programs, and our Thomas H. Moore Memorial Scholarship Fund, which will be presented at our Leaders Luncheon.
Meeting Speakers and Highlights
- Navigating the Field of Life- Ray McElroy- Former NFL Player and EIU Graduate
- An NRECA Update from Warren Goetsch, Menard Electric Cooperative and Director, NRECA Board of Directors
- A deep dive into Psychological Safety from Justin Ganschow, Caterpillar, Inc.
- Updates from Phil Irwin, President/CEO, Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange, Mark Snowden, Sr. Vice-President of Strategic Services for CFC and Colleen Callahan, Director of Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Leaders’ Luncheon Presentation of our Thomas H. Moore Memorial Scholarship Winners, and a quick note from our Youth Leadership Council representative
- Laughs and fun with Ventriloquist and humorist Taylor Mason
- A panel discussion with Robert Reynolds, PPI, Bob Hunzinger- Eastern Illini, David Johnston, SIEC, and Mike Casper, Jo-Carroll Energy, who will discuss directives currently being taken at their co-ops.
- A panel discussion from our G&T managers and CEO’s on Current Issues Facing the Electric Industry with Eric Hobbie, PPI, Don Gulley, SIPC, Donna Walker, Hoosier and Nick Reitz as the moderator
- Looking at the largest municipal fraud in history, which occurred here in Illinois, and providing insight on best practices to prevent this from happening at your co-op
- Our Ladies Event- A Piece of My Heart- is once again a brunch activity. All guests, spouses or children of any meeting attendee are invited to attend
- For our Sponsors’ Reception & Auctions, we have Brian Curless, 2017 World Livestock Auctioneer Champion, joining us to help raise funds to benefit the Thomas H. Moore Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Rockabilly Revival will close out our Thursday evening with post reception entertainment
So, come, learn, network and enjoy. We’re looking forward to seeing you in July!
Overall Meeting Details
Our Associate Members
A Star Electric Company • Allgeier, Martin & Associates, Inc. • Altec Industries, Inc. • Benton Technical Services, Inc. • BHMG Engineers • Black and Company • BOS Investment Services • Brownstown Electric Supply Co. Inc., • Cannon Utility Services • CBM, Inc. • CDG Engineers. • CFC • CoBank • Cooperative Response Center, Inc. • Cross Discipline Engineering • Drake-Scruggs Equipment, Inc. • Eaton • Electric Power Engineers • Emerald Transformer • Ervin Cable Construction, LLC • Exelon Clearsight • Federated Rural Electric Insurance Exchange • Finley Engineering Company, Inc. • Fletcher-Reinhardt Company • G&W Electric Company • Graybar • GridLiance • HomeServe USA • Hubbell Power Systems • J.F. Electric, Inc. • J.J. Kane Auctioneers • J.W. Didado Electric LLC • JM Test Systems, Inc. • JULIE, Inc. • Lakeland Industries • Lanracorp, Inc. • Lee Inspection & Consulting Services, Inc. • McFarland Cascade Holdings • Meridian Cooperative • Milwaukee Tool • Moehn Electrical Sales • NISC • NRTC • Nextlink Internet • Nighthawk Control • Nutrien Solutions • Osmose Utilities Services, Inc. • Power Line Supply • Premier Power Maintenance • Purple Wave Auction • Red River Specialties, Inc. •Ronk Electrical Industries, Inc. • S&C Electric • Sensus USA • Sunbelt-Solomon Solutions • T & R Electric Supply Co., Inc. • Terex Utilities • The L.E. Myers Co. • The Lynn Elliott Company • The Okonite Company • Toth & Associates, Inc. • Trachte LLC • United Utility Supply Cooperative, Inc. • Utilitra (formerly Donco/UDS) • Vantage Point Solutions• Vermeer Midwest • Vista IT Group • Wesco • Wright Tree Service • Zoll Medical Corporation
Hotel Rooming Block
Main Hotel Rooming Block Information
Guest rooms at the Crowne Plaza Hotel are $124 plus tax for a single or double room. Each additional person is $10 extra. You can reserve rooms at 217-529-7777 or by clicking below. The hotel reservation cutoff date is Monday, June 27, 2022.
Reserve a room
Overflow Hotel Rooming Block Information
Guest rooms at the Holiday Inn Express are $114 plus tax for a single or double room. Each additional person is $10 extra. You can reserve rooms at 217-529-7771 or by clicking below. The hotel reservation cutoff date is Monday, June 27, 2022.
Reserve a room
Cancellations made prior to the registration deadline will not be charged. Cancellation made after July 8 will be charged for meals reserved for attendees and guests as follows:
- Board Chairs’/Board Presidents’ Breakfast ($25) (if applicable)
- Leaders’ Luncheon ($35)
- ACRE Breakfast ($25)
Meeting “no-shows” will be charged the $325 registration fee, the Board Chairs’/Board Presidents’ Breakfast (if applicable) and any guest meals for which they were registered. Substitutions are allowed.